Rebecca's Ramblings

Friday, October 20, 2006

Half term

It's half term here so I took the week off to be with the kids. The weather hasn't been too great so we haven't been able to get out and about much. Jessica went to nursery today and Katie and I spent the morning making soap. I made bath salts earlier in the week and had a disasterous attempt at bath bombs but i think i know what I did wrong so I'll try again later. Hopefully we will be able to put together some nice little sets for Christmas presents.

I have been trawling the internet looking for nice beads and things to make some more jewellery but there is so much nice stuff I don't know what to buy. The whole idea was to be able to make nice gifts on a budget but I think I may have started another addiction.

I got the kids their halloween costumes today. Katie is going as a spider queen and Jessica has a nice sparkly witch costume. I remember when I was a child and my Mum and Dad went to so much bother to make us great costumes. This year I was dresed as Charlie Chaplin, my moustache was made from double sided tape and hair that was clipped from our dog, Murphy's tummy. I remember my Mum haveing a purse full of spare moustaches.
My Dad made David a suit of armour out of really thick card. It was all jointed and my Mum knotted him chainmail and sprayed it silver. They really did go all out for us. Every year now I start planning costumes in August but Katie always sees something in a shop that she would rather have. I'll maybe need to get Gran and Grandad on the case for next year and see if they can come up with something special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone